Lahori Chicken Tikka BBQ
Please read all the instructions carefully at least once, BEFORE prepping and cooking!
|Prep Time: 6 minutes||Cook Time: 24 minutes||Servings: 5 to 6|
- Preheat oven to broil at 525° F (274° C).
- Score the top of each skinless chicken piece to the bone 5-6 times.
- Mix Mama's Masalas spice mix with lemon juice, distilled white vinegar, crushed mild green chilies, and 2 tbsp. (30mL) melted butter or ghee to create a marinade.
- Pour 1 tbsp. (15mL) of the marinade on each chicken piece. Spread all over and into the scores. Mix any leftover marinade into chicken pieces. All skinless chicken pieces should be thoroughly covered with marinade on both sides.
- Grease a baking tray with ghee or butter. Place chicken on the tray ½ inch (12.7mm) apart with score-side down on the tray. Place tray on the middle rack of the oven.
- Broil for 12 min. uncovered or until light brown with slight blackening.
- Turn over each piece (score-side up) and broil for another 12 min. or until light brown with slight blackening.
- Remove tray from the oven, discard any excess drippings. Place chicken in a serving dish. Drizzle remaining 2 tbsp. (30mL) melted butter or ghee over chicken. Enjoy!
Serve with lemon wedges, chutney, raita, garlic yogurt, ranch, etc.
For a more authentic flavor, marinate chicken 3-24 hours ahead of time and store in refrigerator. Discard any liquid drained from the chicken BEFORE broiling.